watch me watch you watchin' me.......

"though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night....."

Thursday 26 November 2009

2 minute miracles.... "where to for lunch huh?"

I am 15 minutes late.
"sorry.... waiting for long huh? so many accidents today. so many scans. "
"I went around all the blocks. twice..."
"I know. Sorry..."
"where shall we go?"
"I dunno. Not hungry."
Silence....

Well, this was new. He has something on this mind.
"Hey, you look nice in this brown thing. It's a good thing we bought it na? Thank god I didn't listen to you."
"So many cops at the junction. Something is happening."
"And the white one will look nice too. The cloth is so nice. That is why it is so expensive. Coz its niiiceee.."
Preoccupied with the road, "take out my wallet from the dashboard.."

I was a little blur. "why is your wallet in the dashboard..?", I asked as I opened it.
Inside, I saw a tiny red box. "Oh my god! What the hell?!! I mean, oh...!
Inside was a platinum heart shaped ring with the tiniest diamonds that I've ever seen.

He just smiled. "U were upset coz u lost the gold ring that I gave u na... so...". Never took his eyes off the road.
I smiled. There were a hundred things that I wanted to say.

No fuss, no mushy talk, no gushing.... just silence and some silly song on the radio.






"So where shall we go huh....?" with a smile.
"I dunno." I smiled back.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the way u hv captured the moment :)

-Mishtu-

Amogh Desai said...

i agree with the comment above...