watch me watch you watchin' me.......

"though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night....."

Tuesday 23 February 2010

I'm not a very good writer, but I'm an excellent rewriter. ~James Michener

A critic can only review the book he has read, not the one which the writer wrote. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960


To me, the greatest pleasure of writing is not what it's about, but the inner music the words make. ~Truman Capote, McCall's, November 1967

What I like in a good author is not what he says, but what he whispers.

Be obscure clearly. ~E.B. White

Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. ~William Wordsworth

Ink and paper are sometimes passionate lovers, oftentimes brother and sister, and occasionally mortal enemies. ~Emme Woodhull-Bäche

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug. ~Mark Twain

I love writing. I love the swirl and swing of words as they tangle with human emotions. ~James Michener

No comments: