watch me watch you watchin' me.......

"though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night....."

Saturday 19 December 2009

babysteps....

Babysteps.... we are on the road to recovery,
It aint easy to get up and pick you up,
To lead us out of this misery,
My heart refuses to beat, my mind refusing to believe this cruelty,
I'm scared and confused, your confessions I dont want to hear,
Dont want no regrets, no tears, no stains on these beautiful 7 years.



Babysteps... I am trying to believe there's nothing wrong with me,
But what do I lack that drove you away to seek,
Guilty comfort in her arms, why is it that you couldn't break free,
What did she have that your "self" you couldnt see,
How unfaithful and disloyal and heartless can you be,
Breathing sins for a moment of desire, is this your reality.



Babysteps... I am learning to live again,
Don't know where to start, don't know how to begin,
Picking up the shards of our lives, no matter how much it pains,
We have to undo your betrayal, so much of trust we have to regain,
I am not giving up on us, or at least I'm gonna die tryin',
Our journey made of many years of many moments cannot come to an end.



Babysteps.... this too we will get through,
Don't worry honey, nightmares sometimes do come true,
Though it weakens me, I still want to hold and protect you,
From the shame and shock that is creeping upon you,
Lets walk down the aisle into the life we once knew,
Lets stand at the alter, and mean it this time when we say "I do."

2 comments:

Amogh said...

Hey nice poem! :)

Vikram Kumar said...

Very nice choice of words.. and a very good poem.