watch me watch you watchin' me.......

"though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night....."

Wednesday 3 March 2010

Secrets.....

Why did you tell me,
what I didn't want to know,
It was all your choice,
what you had chose to forego,
Why did I have to hear something
you never should have told,
Why did you reveal your scars,
that you never should have showed.
Your secrets are safe with me,
They're only mine to keep.
No one will ever know,
all that you had to let go.
Like a rainbow that we see,
after a light shower of rain,
Beautiful & purposeless,
your secrets remain.
The way daybreak  hides
the stars that shine at night,
Everything you confided in me,
will remain unseen and out of sight.
What if I was left in the dark,
What if I was oblivious to your past,
All the "what if's", I can't help but think,
Is that a tell-tale sign of a crazy mind,
Is it a right time for secrets to sink.
You whispered your stuff and walked away,
Oh, how fate can be so cruel,
You had no idea what you leave behind,
Or the impact of your shady truth.
'Twas at the tip of my tongue, at the meet of my lips,
your secrets that I had almost spilt.
But I held back and I continued,
to carry the weight of your news in my chest.
Though you have left and I don't know where,
My promise and my silence still persist,
But what happens once we're gone,
I wonder, do our secrets cease to exist.....

5 comments:

stefy said...

If i am not mistaken this is about true friendships.....am i right?

aayanman said...

Mystical in some sense, good flow,nice one.!

Sumi Mathai said...

a secret bearer who was chosen from the lot. isnt that itself a precious feeling evn if the burden of the secret somehow troubles u?

Absurdist said...

Beautiful composition... great phrases... Secrets locked in the closet of heart.... guarded by unconditional love i believe... a nice poem....

The Enchantress said...

Just stepped in ur blog..
Glad to find u..
Its a beautiful poem..

Loved dis particular line "You whispered your stuff and walked away,You have no idea what you leave behind,
Or the impact of your shady truth.