watch me watch you watchin' me.......

"though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night....."

Wednesday 9 December 2009

soul-ed out......

I stood on the ground, with flowers at my feet. Cursing you for loving me and cursing you for leaving me.
For showing me glimpses of what we could be. Telling me happiness is our destiny. Promising me things that I would rather not believe. Letting me dream a dream that would never be our reality. Making me wish for things, that you'd never fulfill. So much of lies that I could not foresee.


I stood on the ground, with wet grass under my feet.
Cursing you for our short life and cursing the promises that you have forgotten. You said that we will survive when everyone said that we wouldn't. You made me laugh when I thought I couldn't. Forgave my sins, my past and it's ugliness that I had hidden.


I knelt down on the ground, with gravel biting into my skin. Cursing you for making me want you, cursing you for making me finally feel. I hated how you saw the good in me. I hated that you saw beauty in the ugly in me. I hate that you did let go of me. I hated everything that wasn't what it should be.
Your promise that wasn't...
My dream that wasn't...
Our life that wasn't....
Letting me disappear into the nothingness, my life you have stolen.


Most of all, I hate to see you kneeling there placing flowers at my feet, letting the moist grass wet ur knees, letting the gravel bite into your skin. I hate to see you weep, to hear your cry.... as your hot tears seep through this cold earth coz they burn me so, so deep.


I lie down here, soul-ed out and I'm so empty, in my cold silent ground six feet beneath . Cursing me for being me and cursing me for leaving you, all that you are and all that we will never be.....

2 comments:

slipperythoughts said...

"I hated how you saw the good in me. I hated that you saw beauty in the ugly in me. I hate that you did let go of me. I hated everything that wasn't what it should be."
.... love this stanza!
i am bowl-ed out:)

am your religious follower now.

- ckl - said...

good one there :)